Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Plan for the Way Forward

Today I decided to do a short reading asking for guidance to keep me on track with my study goals.  Since I have a difficult time staying focused on one thing long enough to make real progress, I wanted some suggestions from the cards on how I should try to accomplish this.   I used my trimmed PCS Commemorative deck, and laid out three cards with the loose positions of Do, Don't Do, & Direction/Think About:


Do: 10 of Pentacles
Don't Do: 2 of Pentacles
Direction/Think About: King of Cups

Do
At first this stumped me, since I tend to see the 10 of Pentacles as family, extended relatives, etc.  Since I can't see them being a resource for my esoteric interests, I wasn't sure what to make of it.  But it could also suggest a practical community or group.  Maybe I need to find and participate in communities that would support my learning.  I often lurk around forums without speaking up much, and I see this card as telling me that needs to change.  Since I finally started my blog for this very reason, I'll take it to mean that I"m on the right track.

The older gentleman on the card could also mean finding a learning group with some older, more experienced people who are sharing their wisdom.

Don't Do:
This illustrates my usual problem perfectly!  The 2 of Pentacles is juggling too much, trying to keep it all in the air, dancing back and forth from foot to foot (topic to topic), too much multi-tasking, dancing about which turns a little manic.  The sea waves even echo the roller coaster of progress:  make a little headway, then let it slide as I move to something else, make a little headway, let it slide, and so on.  This card just underlines what I've already been saying:  I need to stop doing this!! 

Direction/Think About:
The King of Cups here is a bit of a mystery to me.  Do I need to cultivate the King's emotional composure and maturity?  Since I pulled a blank with the card, I took a peek at Paul Quinn's Tarot for Life, and see the King can be a wise counselor and people reader, helping them navigate difficult times.  All I can think is that this card is gently reminding me that my ultimate goal is to read for others and to help them, so maybe I should think about practicing this sooner rather than later.

Other notes:
Two of the three are pentacles, pointing towards practical matters.  They are all minors, too, which focuses again on every day concerns.  More votes for just getting down to business!



No comments:

Post a Comment