Thursday, January 26, 2012

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign...

I have a post on a geomancy chart in the works, but I'm still not finished with it yet, so you get a silly little oracle deck reading diversion instead!

I brought out my Oracle of Shadows and Light the other day after reading about the upcoming new edition on Aeclectic. Last year I used this one pretty often, but I fell out of the habit, and was happy to be reminded of it again.  It speaks to my teenaged goth girl self.  I asked a general question, "what message do you have for me?"  I pulled one card, but had a serious jumper, too.

Pulled:  1 - Ghost of the Pumpkin Patch
Extra jumper: 4 - The Snow Angel 

01 ghost pumpkin04 snow angel


1 - Ghost of the Pumpkin Patch: "Count your blessings"
This card is all about overlooked blessings, taking notice of what you have, and being thankful.  It's true that I'm in a very lucky position in my life right now, and that I may be guilty of taking that for granted.  This reminder for me to do a little something to express my gratitude to the people around me.  Message heard.



4 - The Snow Angel: "The signs are with you already!"
Stop asking for signs!  You have received so many already, very definite, clear signs which you have asked for again and again. You are refusing to hear.

Touché.  This card encourages you to overcome your fear, quit hesitating, and take action.

The Snow Angel jumper card really hits home, and it's timely, too.  I've recently described some of these issues in passing on forum posts.  The card even gives a nod to the title and theme of my blog!  I'd say that the story of my entire life so far is that I'm constantly trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be going and what I'm supposed to be doing.  I'm always looking for clues to point me in the right direction.  I'm so hungry for signs that I've even been known to say that I wish there were just a test that I could take that would give me my destiny, tell me what I'd be best at, tell me what I'm meant to do.  Sort of pathetic, right?

This grumpy Snow Angel is maybe telling it like it is:  I'm a clue junky, a sign seeker, a test addict.  At this point, I already have all the signs, and I just need to get down to finally interpreting them.  This isn't a surprising revelation, I have to admit. I do already know that my preferred procrastination method is the information gathering loop.  My sneaky brain says, How can I interpret the signs when I a) don't yet know everything there is to know about signs, and b) haven't yet received every relevant sign possible?


This is yet another message from the universe telling me to take action.  I've been working on doing that, or at least doing something, even though my constant fear is that I'm doing the wrong things.  I guess I just have to trust that I'll know it if I'm on the wrong track.  Eventually, at least.


I wonder about everyone else in the world, and how they deal with these questions for themselves.  Did they always know what they should do with their lives?  Have they ever known? Did they receive signs?  Or did they just choose something and get on with it? Does everyone else agonize over these decisions as much as I do?


In the meantime, I'm going to cross my fingers and consider any recent clues I can remember, without letting this interfere with my productivity, activity, or plans.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. "my preferred procrastination method is the information gathering loop" - yours and mine both!

    I'm sometimes in a similar position of waiting for a huge, big, unmistakeable sign about What To Do With My Life. I have to remind myself that not everyone gets their clues by being whacked HARD on the head by the Universe until no doubts remain. Some of us first need to learn to trust the little signs - instead of always asking for yet another, bigger, better, clearer one. Which, when you think about it, is just more of the same procrastination method.

    Maybe we need to learn that 70 or 80 or 90% sure is as sure as it gets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat!
      It's always nice to hear about someone else who has the same questions -- and the same bad habits. ;) You're right about most people not getting whacked in the head with obvious clues. Too bad, though, huh?

      I agree that setting our sights on 70%-90% is a better bet. But how to know when you've reached that point? I think I must have a poor estimation skills. My new tactic is to force myself to act, and believe the people who say that I'll *know* if I'm on the wrong path. We'll see...

      Delete